Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Robotizing Your Curriculum with Spheros

This past Monday I had the opportunity to share ways to use Spheros in the classroom during my interview by NORT2H out at their studio located in the Lorain County Educational Service Center. NORT2H stands for the Northern Ohio Research and Technology Training Hub and is directed by Dave Miller, who for me has been a digital resource since I began teaching at the high school oh so many years ago.  He helped get me started in the knee replacement distance learning program I participated in with my anatomy class every semester which was always a totally amazing experience (hmm, not a bad blog post topic for a later date).  Mike Triska, also with NORT2H, is the technology integration trainer who conducted the interview and has been a supportive participant in my previous conference sessions.  Thank you Dave and Mike for the interview as an Innovator in Education!

Just today, Leia Gentile's and Angela DeWitt's 7th grade social studies students used the Sphero robots to drive their self-made Roman chariots around the classroom "Circus Maximus".

If you would like to use these intriguing little robots in your class, contact me at jbengele@vermilionschools.org I would welcome the challenge to apply Spheros to your content area!



No comments:

Post a Comment